Here at Barracuda MSP, we like to say that we only succeed when our MSP partners succeed. This point of view informs everything we do, from the solutions we develop to the resources we provide to our MSP partners.
Whether they work in engineering and product management or sales, marketing, and support, everyone on the Barracuda MSP team focuses on making our partners happy and successful every day. Recently, we were recognized for this dedication when we won the Channelnomics 2018 MSP Ally of the Year Award.
When I was in New York City to accept the award on the team’s behalf, it got me thinking about what this means for managed service providers. How can you tell if the vendor you’re working with is an MSP ally, and how can you make sure you’re taking full advantage of all the benefits they provide? Here are a few telltale signs:
6 Characteristics of an MSP Ally
- Exclusive MSP focus — Look for a vendor with a business or division that is 100-percent focused on managed service providers. This dedication will come through in the way they support you and sell to you, and they’ll understand the challenges you face.
- Solutions designed around the way you do business — A true MSP ally will provide solutions in a recurring monthly model that fits the way you do business with your customers. And, their products need to be multi-tenant, so you can use them effectively and efficiently across your customer base.
- Custom onboarding — You want to find a vendor that provides one-on-one onboarding to help you get started on the right foot with a new product or solution.
- Dedicated partner management team — When you’re working with an MSP ally, the relationship won’t begin and end with onboarding. A dedicated partner manager will work with you to make sure you’re successful with every product that you sell and every customer that you add.
- High-quality support — You set the bar high when you support your small business customers, and as an MSP you should expect the same level of support when you call in to a vendor’s helpdesk.
- Sales and marketing enablement — As an MSP, you have a lot on your plate, so look for a vendor that helps make sales and marketing easy for you by providing a library of resources and templates for you to use.
Of course, one way to guarantee that you’re working with an MSP ally is to become a Barracuda MSP partner. Check out the video below to hear more about what we’re doing to be a trusted ally for our MSP partners and how we work to evolve with MSPs’ changing needs.