As an MSP, you know that email security is getting more important every day because ransomware and other advanced threats are on the rise. According to a recent report, 93 percent of all phishing emails in the first quarter of 2016 contained ransomware. And people are falling for it. Verizon’s 2016 Data Breach Investigations Report found that roughly 30 percent of phishing emails are opened, and 12 percent of the people targeted clicked on the link or attachment. Those aren’t good odds for your SMB customers.
Traditional email filters and built-in security features like Exchange Online Protection can keep out some of those threats, but have you ever wondered how many advanced threats and spear phishing attacks have penetrated your Office 365 email already? That’s why we’re introducing the Barracuda Email Threat Scan for Office 365.
Identify more advanced threats
This free tool scans Office 365 accounts for Advanced Threats and then provides a detailed report of all the threats it found, broken down by user, and mailbox. This non-intrusive scan includes all email folders, so it can identify threats that are lurking in a Deleted Items or Junk folder. It also scans sent items so you can see how a threat spread throughout the organization.
We’ve already scanned thousands of Office 365 mailboxes for IT service providers, and 90 percent of these accounts contained malware. On average, they contained more than 50 threats per account.
Signing up for a scan is quick and easy, and you’ll get the results in about a day. The report will show you a number of important things:
- The number of emails and threats
- The users with the most serious threat in their inbox
- Who sent each infected email and whether or not it was read
- A detailed scan report on each threat and what the threat will do in your environment if it is launched
- Recommendations for how to deal with each threat
- Any threats that are spreading internally
- Users receiving multiple threats
- Users sending multiple threats
- Trends over time
Together, all of this information will help you remediate these threats by deleting the identified threats, checking to see if any company emails are publically visible, and wiping any infected endpoints. The scan can also help you identify a need for an additional email security for Office 365, which will help prevent more attacks from getting through in the future.
Benefits for MSPs
As an MSP, you can use this tool to help your business in a few ways:
- To clean out threats that may have pre-dated your current email security tools
- To evaluate the effectiveness of your current email security solutions
- To illustrate to importance of email security to prospective customers and help them make more informed decisions about their Office 365 security strategies
By pairing the Barracuda Email Threat Scan with a suite of cloud services such as Barracuda Essentials for Office 365 – Intronis MSP Edition, you can help keep your customers and their Office 365 data safer.